Rhode Island Auto Insurance

Auto InsuranceIndependent agency serving the auto insurance needs of Warwick, East Greenwich, Cranston, and all of Rhode Island since 1974.

The right auto insurance policy in Rhode Island will help get you back on the road quickly after your car is damaged or destroyed by accident, fire, theft, or other covered event. It may also provide protection against medical and legal expenses resulting from injury, loss of life, or property damage caused by an accident involving your vehicle.

As a local, independent insurance agency, The Insurance Center can help you find the right policy for your car by comparing quotes and coverage options from several top providers. In addition to cars, we insure motorcycles, classic cars, motor homes, boats, Jet Skis and ATVs too.

Request a Quote

How much auto insurance do I need in Rhode Island?

Our agency is based in Warwick, so we understand the needs and requirements of drivers in Rhode Island.

Auto insurance requirements vary by state. In Rhode Island, to drive you must carry:

  • $25,000 per person in an accident
  • $50,000 per accident for bodily injury or death
  • $25,000 for property damage

Even in states where coverage isn’t required, drivers must, by law, be able to pay for losses they cause others. Having insurance is the simplest way for most people to comply. While the above amounts are all that Rhode Island law requires, they are often not enough. Contact us to find out how much coverage you should be carrying.

To finance a car in Rhode Island, it is usually necessary to have insurance which covers damage to your vehicle. This includes:

Collision Insurance

Collision insurance coverage pays for damage caused to your vehicle in an automobile accident. Standard collision coverage will pay for any repairs up to the fair market value of your car. Collision coverage usually also comes with an insurance deductible. It’s the amount of money you pay toward repairs before your collision insurance kicks in. The higher the deductible you’re willing to pay, the less the collision coverage will cost.

Comprehensive Insurance (Other than Collision)

Comprehensive insurance covers damage done to your car in some way other than a collision, such as if it were stolen or vandalized. Flood, hurricane, theft, windshield damage and fire are also events usually covered by comprehensive car insurance. Like collision, comprehensive will pay up to the fair market value of your car (less your insurance deductible.) And although it’s not legally required by any state, you will probably need it if your car is financed.

Every situation is unique – request a free quote or call us at 401-738-7250 today to find out how to get the best price and value on auto insurance for you.

Get a Quote or call for a quote at 401-738-7250